Welcome to Quantity Surveying and Construction Procurement

Assalamualaikum and dear all,

This blog compliments teaching and learning for courses that I facilitate at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). The contents serve to further 'connect' students to the 'real world' (quantity surveying, construction procurement and others). In trying to provide current information to students, I will be quoting or reproducing works of others and for this I am grateful. I will indicate clearly the source(s). I hope I will not offend anyone; and many will frequent this blog and benefit from its contents.

Thank you and wassalam.

Prof. Sr. Dr. Khairuddin Abdul Rashid

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Malaysian PPP - Guideline

Salam and dear all, Khairuddin (2009) in "Understanding PFI" (Scholar Mind Publishing, pp142-143) suggested a list of measures in effort to improve understanding and the delivery process of projects procured under PPP and in particular under the PFI approach. Among the measures suggested include establishment of guideline on PPP/PFI. A document entitled "Public Private Partnership (PPP) Guideline" is now available. The document is published by the PPP Unit, Prime Minister Department Putrajaya. Wassalam.

1 comment:

Najiha Halim said...

a'kum Dr. Khairuddin. This is Najiha Halim, your former student in IIUM, the first batch of QS student in IIUM? ;)
Well, somehow I was searching for PPP and I have come across your blog! :)

I am currently in Dublin, long story short... I am in my final year of another degree in Dublin Institute of Technology Bolton Street, Dublin. A degree called Construction Economics and Management. Have to get this degree in order to take APC.

Anyway, I am doing a thesis about PPP? It's called, "The Need of Investment in Public School Projects - Is PPP The New Ideal Approach? :)

It's good to see you here. I'll be bookmarking your blog.

W'salam.